Sunday, June 21, 2009

C birthday.



My nephew C was one year old on Friday and my brother E and sister in law M had a party for him yesterday. I had to miss my knitting group to go. I met my mother, brother L, and M's aunt in Connolly train station to travel to Enfield. I brought my knitting. Although I have four socks and a jumper on needles I brought another project One Skein-A Stole. I had seen it on the Irish Knitters group on Ravelry - and it appealled to me, as being interesting to knit but easy enough to knit on public transport. Aunty C was very impressed. Coincidentally it was the same yarn as I had used to knit a scarf from Fiber Trends versatile scarves and I had given it to M to give to Aunty C for her birthday, to make up for the fact that she didn't mind little C while M was in Hospital.
I haven't as much yarn as the pattern calls for so it will be much shorter, so I hope it works out all right. I will probavly leave out two repeats.
The weather was beautiful and C and his two big sisters - three and a half year old M and two and a half year old A loved all the visitors and loved telling everyone to go into the house because it was a party house.
I was going to give C a clown that I had knit, but I forgot to bring it with me so I will give it to him some other time, or maybe I will knit another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment