Saturday, June 13, 2009

WWKiP Day 2009


It was Worldwide knitting in Public day today. In Dublin we gathered on the balcony in Powerscourt Townhouse centre which is very close to Clarendon Street church so I went there first and went to confession and Mass. A great start to the day.

There was a great group on the balcony, it was right next to This is Knit so a lot of us took a little trip in there. If we spent more than €20 we were entered into a draw. I bought some plain sock yarn, encouraged by some of the others to try a pattern such as cable on my next pair. I also bought some lace weight yarn. I also want to try knit a nice lacy wrap or shawl. And hurray! I won a prize in the draw - a drop spindle set. I love draws.

The weather was beautiful so it was lovely when we headed to St Stephen's Green. We were right next to the Bandstand and enjoted the Brass band playing there. Great company, great weather and great music, what more could we ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment