Friday, June 12, 2009


I've finally decided to start a blog. I haven't done so up to now because I felt my life wasn't interesting enough, or at least the interesting things I would only want to share with a chosen few, however there have been interesting things happening lately, so there might be more.
I will be going on pilgrimage to Lithuania at the end of the month and I thought it might be good to blog about my experiences there.
I went there last year and wrote an account in a copy book. I recently typed it up and printed a copy for my parents to read. They are coming this year and I thought it would be good if they had a fair idea of what would happen, although they are well used to pilgrimages. They really enjoyed reding what I had written.
There will be plenty of time travelling in the coach, so this time I am bringing my knitting - probably socks. I must buy more sock yarn, just in case. My sons love my knitted socks, so it's well worth my while. So far I have only knitted plain ordinary socks, with either variegated or self patterning yarn . It's only this year that I plucked up the courage to knit in the bus, but only if I am upstairs at a window seat.

At the present time I am also knitting a teddy bear for myself (about two years ago when my sons were on holiday they each separately bought me a little teddy so it has become sort of a tradition for them to bring me back a teddy. it takes the pressure off them wondering what they should get me and I like the teddies! At some stage I decided if I was to have a teddy collection one of them should be knitted by me). I am knitting a jumper for my brother no1 for his fiftieth birthday next December. and I am also planning to knit some dolls again.

No comments:

Post a Comment