Monday, June 29, 2009






Today we went to Vilnius Old Town to the Gates of Dawn (Ostra Brama) for Mass at the Shrine of Our Lady Mother of Divine Mercy. Apparently this image came alive to St Faustina and told that her Divine Mercy mission would be to prepare the world for Christ's Final coming. What a privilege to have Mass there. That’s all I seem to be thinking this week – what a privilege!!

It was a tiny area and most of had to stand. The Altar is tiny but still the Mass was concelebrated by Our Spiritual Director, the Rector of the Seminary and another.

After mass we had the rest of the day to ourselves to shop if we wanted to. The coach was to be in Cathedral Square at 3pm and 6pm. The group leader suggested the married men might like to return at 3pm!! I headed to the wool shop and bought some sock yarn and lace weight yarn. The lace weight yarn is almost identical to yarn I bought two years ago in Poland. I think I must like the colour. I joined up with my parents and we went for a nice leisurely lunch and then we headed to the shops. Neither my mother nor I are big shoppers, but on holiday we like to browse. We went into one shop which was also a workshop. They had loads of carvings. I thought there was a sign asking for two litas (Lithuanian currency) I asked the owner if I needed to pay to take photos. He said “it is no matter; My house is your house”. I did take some photos and left a donation. What a nice man.

We enjoyed browsing in the shops, and we actually bought very little. It’s not often I get a chance to spend that sort of leisurely time with my parents, it was a great ending to our trip away,

No comments:

Post a Comment